Saturday, April 8, 2017

Editing and Errors




Honestly editing may be harder than actually filming a movie. If we didn't have Jenna (one of the group members) I seriously have no idea what we would do. 

Some of the shots we filmed were shaky but she steadied them and it looks so good. She has a really good eye for editing, she finds the scenes that look the best and find a way to easily transition between them. 

However, her good eye also realized mistakes that we didn't notice and said in order to have a better film we needed a little more footage. Because this was so last minute, I didn't want to ask Jose (the criminal in our film) so we decided to get more footage of me. 

We wanted to get it done as soon as possible but the only ones that were available yesterday was Maria and I, but that's really all we needed. 

So around 8, Maria and I set up the interrogation room again, which was actually rather difficult because we needed to get the table and lighting the same exact way as it was before. I think we ended up getting pretty close (I hope). 

Instead of writing more lines, we re-shot my with more angles so we would have more options for our film. We did medium shots, and close ups of me and even tried out an extreme close up of my lips as I was saying a line. 

I'm hoping that these new clips will help Jenna put our film together more easily and our finishing product will be even better.