Thursday, March 30, 2017

Movin up in the film industry

WE WROTE OUR SCRIPT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!


Thank goodness, I really almost had a panic attack. Anywaaaaaays... even though we were without a member, we still got together at Panera and started brainstorming ideas.

For more inspiration our actors came and helped us figure out the most racist way to say our lines. Yes that sounds terrible, but you gotta do what you gotta do to film a great movie.

We knew that our lines had to properly execute our character development and our purpose of the film. It was actually exciting to hear all the different ideas and decide what was good or bad.

Here is a little sneak peak ;)

Script



Cop: *Reads Miranda Rights, cut after “court of law”
*You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law.*


Car door closes at same time interrogation room door opens
………………………………………………………………………………………


Interrogator, Sofi, and Kaelin standing - looking into the interrogation room.


Interrogator: “Pfff I’ve got this.”


Sees Enrique looking down at his files on the table


Shot - shows Enrique in the interrogation room.


Enrique’s thoughts: “Why am I here. I can’t believe this! I’ve gotten my act together, cleaned up my life. Why? Why is this happening? There can’t be evidence against me. But still, they won’t be believe me."



Interrogator walks into interrogation room


Interrogator: “Ohh Mr. Ramirez. It’s so nice to see you. I’ve missed you!” (Long Silence)


Sits down, smile all smug (chuckles)


Interrogator: "So how’s your family?” (Sarcastically)


Silence


Interrogator: “Don’t you know by now that it’s rude not to answer. Do you not understand me? Do you need a translator?”


Silence


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And that's all you get!!!
We knew we wanted the interrogator to be rude, conceited, and of course racist. As the opening goes on we wanted to build up the anger and aggravation from both characters and hopefully we succeed on doing just that.